PDA

View Full Version : I need ideas to decorate my bus

lightitup
06-21-2007, 08:37 PM
We are putting my bus in the Christmas parade this year and I need ideas of how to decorate it. I have already done Rudolph, Elf Central, Victorian Christmas scene, I am having a problem coming up with something this year. I thought about doing Polar Express but turning a yellow bus blue is almost impossible when you can't paint it or glue any thing to it. the decorations have to be put on by wire ties or magnets. Any ideas out there would be greatly appreciated.

Ervserver
06-21-2007, 08:47 PM
have you seen this one?

http://www.dannyryalsrealestate.com/images/Christmas%20Bus%202003%20-%20Buy%20A%20Home%20cover.JPG

Radiana
06-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Will the parade be in the daytime? I was thinking if it's in the daytime you could have Santa driving the truck and every third or fourth seat have people dressed like Elves waving. On the side of the bus you could have something say ELF SCHOOL. You could even have some Elves holding their lunch pails. In the alternating windows where you didn't have Elves you could put large dolls and toys that would be seen from the crowd as well as wreaths and bells and inflatable toy soldiers and snowmen. That way most the decorating can be done from the inside.

:grin:

lightitup
06-23-2007, 01:55 AM
Why didn't I think of that last year when we did elf central. We did the outside. hmmm
Erv this is a daytime parade. 10:00 in the morning. Lights don't do well. Now the hollydays parade we do put lights on the bus because that one is at night.
I think we are going to go with polar express and die sheets Dark blue and cut them to cover the yellow(with magnets) and leave the black stripes visible. We will use concrete forms round ones to make the stack in the front and wire tie it to the grill. We will use plastic corrugated boxes cut to make the v going down the bottom of the stack and make it look like the one on polar express. We will use the plastic board to make the ramp in the rear and put a large stuffed doll standing out there. On the top we will take my stuffed snowman and make a mask to look like a man and dress it up in hobo clothes and wire tie it to the roof. We are going to ask some of the drivers kids to where night shirts and ride on the inside of the bus and wave to the crowd and jingle silver bells. Does anyone have any more ideas than what we came up with today. We can get carried away can't we.

Ervserver
06-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Have hubby dress as Santa sit on the roof in a sled led by 8 plastic reindeer, watch out for low bridges

e_xander
06-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Have hubby dress as Santa sit on the roof in a sled led by 8 plastic reindeer, watch out for low bridges

I can see her not telling him if they've had a disagreement the night before.

*whack!* "Oh, honey! I forgot to tell you to look out for that bridge."

:grin: :smile: :lol:

Sean

Ervserver
06-26-2007, 03:01 PM
she wouldn't do that....would she?

lightitup
07-05-2007, 12:34 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ervserver
07-07-2007, 07:41 PM
do we have some final plans yet?

lightitup
07-14-2007, 05:15 PM
No we don't now we are using blue spray paint to paint the plastic sheets we bought at walmart. There for keeping drafts out of windows but they will do. Still have a lot to do. When you get six ladies together all they want to do is talk, Talk, TALK, AND MORE TALK
I have to find a way to say shut up and work. Okay that won't happen any ideas? I can't be rude and mean. :oops:

Ervserver
07-17-2007, 08:09 PM
maybe some eggnog would help

lightitup
07-31-2007, 08:55 PM
Today I got an idea. I took Magnetic sheets (White ones) and put them into the printer and printed each Letter on one sheet to spell Polar Express to put on the sides of the bus. I did the letters in Gold. It is going to look good. You only get 10 sheets in a package for 8.00 and I bought 3 packages at a yard sale for 1.00. Good thing I picked them up.

Ervserver
08-03-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm surprised those went thru the printer, are they special sheets made for printers? I may need some of these

xmaslilly
08-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Do you have any overhead wires you have to watch out for ?
maybe you can put a tree on top with your light up presents too. a couple reindeer or angels.

number4son
08-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Load it with kids who are willing to sing and you'll be the highlight of the parade.

Ervserver
08-06-2007, 09:48 PM
strap antlers on the kids and make em pull the bus

DoubleA
08-07-2007, 01:59 AM
Just get a fishing pole and place a cookie above their head with it so they have something to shoot for.

number4son
08-07-2007, 07:57 PM
four on the floor and 52 out front

Ervserver
08-07-2007, 08:12 PM
no feedback from Light, our ideas must be good

number4son
08-07-2007, 08:24 PM
You just keep thinking that.

Ervserver
08-07-2007, 08:52 PM
she hasn't seen this post yet, she's too busy getting her bus ready

lightitup
08-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Actually I was just thinking I would ignore this and maybe you guys would come up with some really good Ideas. I do like the idea of putting a tree on top. I don't remember how high the wires were. I will have to check it out.

Ervserver
08-29-2007, 02:12 PM
If it were me I'd plaster it with lights around the windows, wreaths, and a reindeer on the hood

lightitup
09-20-2007, 07:31 PM
All the ideas of putting something on the roof made me watch the polar express a few times this past couple of weeks. We are going to have a hobo on the roof. My best friend volunteered to be the hobo. When we asked our boss he said he didn't know anything about it. We never talked to him so we are going ahead. We have alot of work to pull off the polar express but we can get our ideas together enough to give the judges our ideas. We won't tell them it will be a live person on the roof. We have to present our plans by tuesday. wish us luck.

Ervserver
09-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Sounds great, take lots of pictures.

:c2:

lightitup
09-21-2007, 08:58 PM
So our props are being made and I will post pictures when we get most of it done. As for pictures of the bus it will have to wait till the first saturday in December when we put it all together. I will have alot of pictures of this one as it will look good I hope. We are excited about it. Right now there is only three of us working on it. I know folks will say we didn't ask them but this time we have proof we did. We had our boss put it in each persons boxes himself so he could witness it for us.:c13:

Keepsake
09-22-2007, 04:59 AM
Can't wait to see a pic of your bus!:c39:

lightitup
09-25-2007, 05:47 PM
We are doing the Polar Express. The bus will be turned blue and have polar express done in gold. Inside the bus will be garland and ornaments hanging down. The front of the bus will be the engineer driving the conducter walking in front of the bus with his lantern saying all aboard with the music piped out of the bus thru external speakers. We will have 9 kids inside in there PJ's singing the polar express theme song, waving a shaking a silver bell. In the back of the bus will be the unwanted toys we hope. If we get enough. On the roof will be the hobo with the campfire and coffee hanging off the branch construction like they had in the movie. There will be several elves walking along side the train passing out candy. The only thing we have a problem with is the front of the bus the big light and the bell. We have to find the bell because a driver is decking himself with a long red beard and pulling the bell from the road as he walks along in front of it giving the conducter a few hits with the beard and the conducter will be pulling the beard. Is there anything we have missed that we should add?

Ervserver
09-25-2007, 05:49 PM
yea.....PICTURES

lightitup
09-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Can't wait to see a pic of your bus!:c39:
The bus will be decorated December 1st

Ervserver
09-28-2007, 06:09 PM
oh that far off :roll: